Welcome to BSA Troop 228
Photos from Lava Tubes camp out held on Feb 11th!
We’ll leave the church parking lot at 3:00 pm sharp on Friday, camp at Park Moabi Friday night, canoe down the river Saturday, be brought back to the campground for another night of camping Saturday night, and come home Sunday morning.
Please refer to Scout Master Mr.Fishburn’s email for cost details. Paper work is due on Thursday, February 23rd. Personal Floatation Devices will be provided.
Don’t miss out on this Troop favorite outing! Click on this image for their website.
Whitsett Summer Camp!
July 23 – 29, 2017
Our week at Camp Whitsett summer camp in the Sequoias has been confirmed for July 23 – 29, 2017. The approximate cost will be $380/scout. We have reserved spots for 15 Scouts, and all of those spots have been claimed.
However, we may be able to add additional Scouts to the roster, so if your Scout wants to attend and you haven’t already secured your spot with the $100 deposit, please drop off a check for $100 in the bin on my front porch. Please understand that the camp may sell out before we receive your check, in which case it will be returned to you.
Eagle Scouts, Eagle Projects, & Eagle Court of Honor
Congratulations to Jake Carver, Troop 228’s newest Eagle Scout!
New Troop 228 Shutterfly Account
We have set up a Troop Shutterfly account in an effort to provide you with pictures taken during our outing and camps. You’ll need to log in and create an account for yourself (if you don’t have one already).
Here’s the link: https://boyscoutsofamericatroop228.shutterfly.com/. Feel free to check out the various albums we’ve added so far, and add pictures taken during the events if you have them. More albums from previous outings and events will be added soon, so keep checking in!
- All scouts and adults must have a current annual medical consent form on file with the troop prior to attending any outing or summer camp.
- Click here to get the updated form.
- Return your completed form to Laurie Kinney at email@example.com or drop them off in the bin on my front porch and I’ll get them to her: 23611 Clearidge Drive, Valencia.
- Help welcome our new incoming Scouts and the annual New Scout Campout scheduled on Friday, March 31 – Sunday, April 2. Additional information will be provided as the date gets closer.
- VERY EXCITING! – We have booked a group campsite just outside gorgeous Sedona, Arizona for Thursday, June 22 – June 27, 2017! We’ll have room for 30 scouts and adults, and are planning a day trip to the Grand Canyon, off-road jeep tours, hiking, site seeing, etc. Don’t miss out on this fantastic trip! Additional information will be provided as the date gets closer.
Youth Protection Program
- Troop T-shirts and sweatshirts (the “activity uniform”) are worn after arriving at outings and at summer camps.
- Contact Loreen Soto at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and to place your order.
- Women’s T-shirts are also available for order. Cost will be $16.50. Sizes run small so order 1 size larger.
- Loreen will be placing the order for shirts and sweatshirts within the next week, so please contact her as soon as possible to place your order!
2016 Upcoming Campouts / Events
Please click on the troop “Calendar” link to get more information.
|Mar 17 - 19||Topock Gorge Canoe Trip, Needles, CA|
|Mar 31-Apr 2||Annual New Scout Campout|
|June 22 - 27||Gorgeous Sedona, Arizona trip|
|July 23 - 29||Whitsett summer camp|