Welcome to BSA Troop 228
Day Hike at East Canyon (near Towsley Canyon)
Saturday, October 15th, 2016
Troop 228 Scouts: Earn your 5 mile, 1,000 foot elevation change hike requirement for the Camping Merit Badge, as well as enjoy the great outdoors with your fellow Scouts. We’re also expecting several Cub Scouts to be on the hike, so this is a great opportunity to promote our troop. More information and the Permission Slip and Activity Consent Form will be provided soon in a separate email. We need at least four adults to attend the hike, so if you’re an adult and planning on attending, please let me know. We will be meeting at the East Canyon trailhead at 9:00 am, which is just off the Old Road, south of Calgrove Boulevard (and south of the Church of the Nazarine). If we leave the trailhead at 9:00, we should arrive back to the parking area by 12:30 or 1:00.
5K Purple Run of Strength
Saturday, October 22nd, 2016
The Domestic Violence Center of Santa Clarita is having their annual 5K Purple Run of Strength. Form a team of 4 to 10 Scouts and compete in the race. Cost is $60.00 for the first 4 members and $10 per person for the next 6 team members. Not a runner? Come out and help man a “purple powder station”, help with set-up and break-down, registration, or snack hand-outs. Service hours will be awarded.
Click on this image for more information or click on this link DVC to access their website.
New Troop 228 Shutterfly Account
We have set up a Troop Shutterfly account in an effort to provide you with pictures taken during our outing and camps. You’ll need to log in and create an account for yourself (if you don’t have one already).
Here’s the link: https://boyscoutsofamericatroop228.shutterfly.com/. Feel free to check out the various albums we’ve added so far, and add pictures taken during the events if you have them. More albums from previous outings and events will be added soon, so keep checking in!
- All scouts and adults must have a current annual medical consent form on file with the troop prior to attending any outing or summer camp.
- Click here to get the updated form.
- Return your completed form to Laurie Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off in the bin on my front porch and I’ll get them to her: 23611 Clearidge Drive, Valencia.
If our troop scouts interested in earning the Catholic Religious Emblem, the Ad Altare Dei class will begin in September. Click here for the complete workshop schedule, and click here for information about Ad Altare Dei program.
Youth Protection Program
- Troop T-shirts and sweatshirts (the “activity uniform”) are worn after arriving at outings and at summer camps.
- Contact Loreen Soto at email@example.com for pricing and to place your order.
- Women’s T-shirts are also available for order. Cost will be $16.50. Sizes run small so order 1 size larger.
- Loreen will be placing the order for shirts and sweatshirts within the next week, so please contact her as soon as possible to place your order!
2016 Upcoming Campouts / Events
Please click on the troop “Calendar” link to get more information.
|October 15||Day Hike at East Canyon|
|October 22||5K Purple Run of Strength|