Welcome to BSA Troop 228
Sedona, AZ, Campout
June 22 – June 27, 2017. Mark your calendar!
VERY EXCITING! – We have booked a group campsite just outside gorgeous Sedona, Arizona for Thursday, June 22 – June 27, 2017! We’ll have room for 30 scouts and adults, and are planning a day trip to the Grand Canyon, hiking, site seeing, etc. Don’t miss out on this fantastic trip! Additional information will be provided soon as the date gets closer.
Whitsett Summer Camp!
July 23 – 29, 2017
Our week at Camp Whitsett summer camp in the Sequoias has been confirmed for July 23 – 29, 2017. The approximate cost will be $380/scout. We have reserved spots for 15 Scouts, and all of those spots have been claimed.
However, we may be able to add additional Scouts to the roster, so if your Scout wants to attend and you haven’t already secured your spot with the $100 deposit, please drop off a check for $100 in the bin on my front porch. Please understand that the camp may sell out before we receive your check, in which case it will be returned to you.
- Thursday, May 11 – Troop Meeting – 7:15 pm, St. Kateri, Rooms 4 & 5 (Troop Leader Meeting: 7:00 – 7:15)
- Thursday, May 18 – TLC (Troop Leadership Council) – 7:00 pm, Chesebrough Park, corner of Sunset Hills Drive and McBean Parkway
- Thursday, May 25 – Troop Meeting – 7:15 pm, St. Kateri, Room 4 (Troop Leader Meeting: 7:00 – 7:15)
- Saturday, May 27 – Memorial Day Flag Placement – Eternal Valley, Newhall – 9:00 am. More information will be provided soon.
- Thursday, June 8 – Troop Meeting – 7:15 pm, St. Kateri, Rooms 4 & 5 (Troop Leader Meeting: 7:00 – 7:15)
- Thursday, June 15 – TLC (Troop Leadership Council) – 7:00 pm, Chesebrough Park, corner of Sunset Hills Drive and McBean Parkway
- Thursday, June 22 – No Troop Meeting due to Sedona outing!!
- Thursday, June 29 – Troop Meeting – 7:15 pm, Chesebrough Park. This starts our summer Troop Meetings in the park. Class B (activity uniforms) are acceptable!!
Please click on the troop “Calendar” link to get more information.
|Mar 31-Apr 2||Annual New Scout Campout|
|June 22 - 27||Gorgeous Sedona, Arizona trip|
|July 23 - 29||Whitsett summer camp|
Eagle Scouts, Eagle Projects, & Eagle Court of Honor
Congratulations to our newest Eagle Scouts, Ryan Meyer and Sean Nepomuceno, who both passed their Eagle Board of Reviews on May 11th! Well Done! We are proud of you!
New Troop 228 Shutterfly Account
We have set up a Troop Shutterfly account in an effort to provide you with pictures taken during our outing and camps. You’ll need to log in and create an account for yourself (if you don’t have one already).
Here’s the link: https://boyscoutsofamericatroop228.shutterfly.com/. Feel free to check out the various albums we’ve added so far, and add pictures taken during the events if you have them. More albums from previous outings and events will be added soon, so keep checking in!
- All scouts and adults must have a current annual medical consent form on file with the troop prior to attending any outing or summer camp.
- Click here to get the updated form.
Youth Protection Program
- Troop T-shirts and sweatshirts (the “activity uniform”) are worn after arriving at outings and at summer camps.
- Contact Loreen Soto at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and to place your order.
- Women’s T-shirts are also available for order. Cost will be $16.50. Sizes run small so order 1 size larger.
- Loreen will be placing the order for shirts and sweatshirts within the next week, so please contact her as soon as possible to place your order!