Welcome to BSA Troop 228
- Our Troop has been asked to assist NASA with a flag retirement. This isn’t a normal flag… this is the 30′ x 50′ flag in the NASA Hangar in Palmdale. Click on the above image to enlarge. Note the size of the people walking below it.
- There is no need for a special ceremony – the building manager just wants to ensure the flag is treated with respect and doesn’t touch the floor. They would also like us to ensure it is retired properly.
- While we could certainly retire this flag ourselves, I would like to present it to the veterans living at the Veterans Home of California in Lancaster – I think they would be deeply moved by this opportunity.
- The hard part at this point is choosing a date… it has to be a weekday (we’ll need to building operations people to physically take the flag down), and we’ll need as many scouts as we can muster.
- If you are interested in helping and can support this date, please let me know. Adults and scouts are welcome – the more hands, the better. All must be US citizens…
2015 Upcoming Campouts / Events
Please click on the troop “Calendar” link to get more information.
|January||Big Bear Ski Trip|
|February||Snow Camping at the Chula Vista Campground/Nordic Ski Base on Mt. Piños|
|March||New Scout Campout at Vasquez Rocks|
|April||San Simeon Campout - with a visit to Hearst Castle (!)|
|April||Visit to Griffith Park - hike to the Hollywood Sign?|
|May||Planes of Fame Airshow in Chino (<- whoever thought of this… I approve!!)|
|June||Sierra trip (Yosemite?). More definition coming|
|August||Family Outing (Carpinteria?)|