Welcome to BSA Troop 228
Super Hero Camporee (Camp Jubilee)
April 29th – 30th and May 1st, 2016
This is the most exciting competition campout, and we encourage all scouts to take part in this opportunity. All who pay the registration fee will receive a Camporee patch.
Click on this image or this link Camporee-2016-Packet to see more information.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! – On Saturday, May 7th and Sunday, May 8th, the William S Hart Park is hosting a Pacific Islander Festival. The Santa Clarita Valley Historical Society (of which your fellow Eagle Scout Evan Decker is a Board Member of) is allowing people to park on their grounds. Evan is requesting 6 to 9 scouts for both Saturday and Sunday to direct traffic in to, and out of, the designated parking areas. Three to four scouts are needed each morning ,along the road to direct people where to park in the morning, and three to four scouts are needed each afternoon to relieve the morning scouts. This is a big event for our community, and the Historical Society needs every scout they can get to help out! Service hours can be awarded to each scout. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact Evan Decker at email@example.com.
- The Domestic Violence Center of SCV needs Boy Scout volunteers for their upcoming Fairy Festival Event. On Friday, May 20th, 5:00pm – 8:30pm, Scouts will be needed to carry and set up tables and chairs for their brunch event the following day. Pizza and drinks will be provided. They will need approximately 6 scouts capable of performing some heavy lifting.
- On Saturday, May 21st, 9:30am – 2:30pm, Scouts will be needed to man the buffet line as servers from 10:00am to noon, then assist with table and chair break-down and storage from 1:30 to 2:30pm. The DVC will need approximately 6 to 10 Scouts for this event. Scouts will receive complimentary buffet brunch at the end of food service.
- Volunteer hours will be signed-off on-site.
- Contact Mrs. Fishburn directly if you’re interested in helping out with the very worthy cause! firstname.lastname@example.org
Cub Scout Cup Sign Ups!!
- Bill Berg-Hillinger will be taking sign-ups for scouts wishing to help run the annual Cub Scout Cup again this year. It’s a great way for a scout to get a lot of volunteer hours at one time. The event is on Saturday, May 21st at the campgrounds in Hart Park, Newhall. A scout can get as many as 8 hours service time if he helps out for the entire day. Partial day is fine if you can’t stay the whole time. The event usually runs from 7:30 am until about 3 or 4 pm. Lunch is provided.
- Scouts interested in signing up should email Mr. Berg-Hillinger directly at email@example.com.
- Sign-ups need to be in asap! Emails should include name of the scout, T-shirt size, and when you plan to be there.
- All scouts must have a current annual medical consent form on file with the troop prior to attending any outing or summer camp.
- Click here to get the updated form.
- Return your completed form to Mrs. Fishburn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop them off in the bin on my front porch: 23611 Clearidge Drive, Valencia.
If our troop scouts interested in earning the Catholic Religious Emblem, the Ad Altare Dei class will begin in September. Click here for the complete workshop schedule, and click here for information about Ad Altare Dei program.
Youth Protection Program
2016 Upcoming Campouts / Events
Please click on the troop “Calendar” link to get more information.
|April 29 - May 1||Bill Hart Camporee|
|June 12 - 18||Emerald Bay|
|July 15 - 18||Pumice Flats Fishing Campout|
|July 24 - 30||Camp Tahquitz|