Welcome to BSA Troop 228
- Blue Box day hike – Saturday, September 23 – 8:00 am; Castaic Lake Recreation Area.
Your Troop Leaders have decided to do a day hike to start getting prepared for upcoming backpacking excursions. This 6.2 mile hike is considered strenuous, with significant uphills and downhills. If you have a backpack suitable for overnight backpacking, this is a good opportunity to practice hiking with it (you can put as little or as much weight in it as you want). We’ll meet in the parking lot of the lower lagoon (see map – https://www.strava.com/activities/1141826999). There will be an entrance fee into the Recreation Area, so depending upon how many Scouts and Adults going, we can try and carpool. If you’ll be attending this hike, please let me know. We’ll need at least 4 adults to attend!
- El Capitan Beach Campout – Friday, October 20 – Sunday, October 22; El Capitan State Beach
- Webelos Overnighter – Friday, November 10 – Sunday, November 12 – Los Alamos Group Campsite – Pyramid Lake, CA
- Lava Tubes Campout (yes, campout) – Friday, December 8 – Sunday, December 10; Pisgah Crater, camping at Owl Canyon Campground, Rainbow Basin, Barstow, CA
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Thursday, September 7 – Patrol Meetings
- Thursday, September 14 – Troop Meeting – 7:15 pm, Location to be determined
- Thursday, September 21 – TLC (Troop Leadership Council) – 7:00 pm, Location to be determined
- Thursday, September 28 – Troop Meeting – 7:15 pm, t. Kateri, Rooms 4 & 5. TROOP ELECTIONS!! Interested in being a Patrol Leader, Troop Scribe, Quartermaster, or our next Senior Patrol Leader?? Here’s your chance to make yourself available for being elected into one of these Troop positions.
Please visit the the Troop Calendar for more information.
Eagle Scouts, Eagle Projects, & Eagle Court of Honor
Congratulations to our newest Eagle Scouts, Ryan Meyer and Sean Nepomuceno, who both passed their Eagle Boards of Review on May 11th! Well Done! We are proud of you!
New Troop 228 Shutterfly Account
We have set up a Troop Shutterfly account in an effort to provide you with pictures taken during our outing and camps. You’ll need to log in and create an account for yourself (if you don’t have one already).
Here’s the link: https://boyscoutsofamericatroop228.shutterfly.com/. Feel free to check out the various albums we’ve added so far, and add pictures taken during the events if you have them. More albums from previous outings and events will be added soon, so keep checking in!
- All scouts and adults must have a current annual medical consent form on file with the troop prior to attending any outing or summer camp.
- Click here to get the updated form.
Youth Protection Program
- Troop T-shirts and sweatshirts (the “activity uniform”) are worn after arriving at outings and at summer camps.
- Contact Loreen Soto at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and to place your order.
- Women’s T-shirts are also available for order. Cost will be $16.50. Sizes run small so order 1 size larger.
- Loreen will be placing the order for shirts and sweatshirts within the next week, so please contact her as soon as possible to place your order!