Welcome to BSA Troop 228
February 23 – Scout Sunday at St Kateri
February 21-23 – Big Bear Ski Trip
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Thursday, February 20 – Troop Leadership Council – Starts at 7:00 pm, St Kateri Room 1. Please wear your Field Uniform.
- Thursday, February 27 – Troop Meeting – Starts at 7:00 pm, St Kateri Room 4 & 5 – Please wear your Field Uniform.
- Week of February 3 – Patrol Meetings – Each Patrol should meet. Patrol Scribes please send the minutes from your meeting to Alan and myself in addition to your Troop Guide.
- Week of March 2 – Patrol Meetings – Each Patrol should meet. Patrol Scribes please send the minutes from your meeting to Alan and myself in addition to your Troop Guide.
- Thursday, March 12 – Troop Meeting – Starts at 7:00 pm, St Kateri Room 4 & 5 – Please wear your Field Uniform.
- Thursday, March 19 – Troop Leadership Council – Starts at 7:00 pm, St Kateri Room 1. Please wear your Field Uniform.
- Thursday, March 26 – Troop Meeting – Starts at 7:00 pm, St Kateri Room 4 & 5 – Please wear your Field Uniform.
Events in Planning
- Response Required:Sign up for Summer Camp needs to be done now.January 9, 2020. Who is coming to camp with me? The troop needs to make the first installment of payments for Camp Whitsitt now but we need to know which Scouts are going. There is a lot of information that will need to be gathered before camp. Please email Mr. Holcombe at email@example.com and copy me on your response.
- Outing planning form: Scouts please use this when planning outings. Planning form
- For a list of events currently being planned for the upcoming year, click here.
- Very important:
From our Charter Organization Representative – Christine Tezai: First off, thank you to everyone for your help in getting all the required documents in for our Re-chartering. We are good for the year… but with that said, we all need to take the YPT training this year so that when we recharter in November everyone will have the date of 2022 on their certificate. BSA wants to have YPT done annually now so that when we recharter each year it will have the following years date on certificate so that it won’t expire during that charter year. So, when you have a free moment of an hour or so this year please do the training so I won’t have to email you in the future LOL and I know there were a lot of “so’s” in this paragraph… sorry 🙂
Our Charter church wants ALL parents to take the Virtus class which is good for 4 years. We have set up a date for just our Troop and Pack 40. This class is on Saturday, February 8th from 9-12. It will be downstairs in the classrooms 4 & 5. Space is limit to 50 people so I created a Sign Up Genius. The church is also offering a few other dates that you can attend. These dates have unlimited seating so no need to RSVP, just show up. Thank you so much for completing this course and abiding to the terms of our agreement with the church.
February 5 Slattery Hall 6:30-9 pm
February 8 Rooms 4 & 5 Sign Up Genius
February 29 Slattery Hall 9-12 noon
Any questions please reach out to me!
Eagle Scouts, Eagle Projects, & Eagle Court of Honor
There are none scheduled at this time.
New Troop 228 Shutterfly Account
We have set up a Troop Shutterfly account in an effort to provide you with pictures taken during our outing and camps. You’ll need to log in and create an account for yourself (if you don’t have one already).
Here’s the link: https://boyscoutsofamericatroop228.shutterfly.com/. Feel free to check out the various albums we’ve added so far, and add pictures taken during the events if you have them. More albums from previous outings and events will be added soon, so keep checking in!
- All scouts and adults must have a current annual medical consent form on file with the troop prior to attending any outing or summer camp.
- Click here to get the updated form.
Youth Protection Program
Special Instructions for Parents
Please escort your Scouts to and from the meeting room. We have been asked by the Church to not have Scouts going from the parking area to the Meeting without adults escorting them. Also we must have two leaders present with Scouts so if there is only one adult present please wait until a second leader has come. Thank you for your support and assistance.
- Troop T-shirts and sweatshirts (the “activity uniform”) are worn after arriving at outings and at summer camps.
- Contact Joanna Holcombe for pricing and to place your order.
- Women’s T-shirts are also available for order. Cost will be $16.50. Sizes run small so order 1 size larger.
- Loreen will be placing the order for shirts and sweatshirts within the next week, so please contact her as soon as possible to place your order!